Monday, January 15, 2007


This is a picture of the thigh armor as it's sticking out of it's little pocket (which is velcro closed as well). No, I didn't take any pictures of the armor completely removed from the gear. Yep, lazy!

This is a picture of the heavy duty belt buckle system. It reminds me of a buckle from an Army LBE or something. You can actually pinch your fingers in this thing if you are not careful. It takes some force to get it to clip open or closed, but does it's job well. I don't think it will ever open on it's own. You can also see the flap (with the cycleport logo) that then buttons over the buckle to keep from rubbing on your tank.

This picture shows the waterproof liner's closing system. This same system, applies to the jacket as well. Basically, there is a zipper, which after being zipped, has a lip that covers it and velcros closed. I assume this is to keep water away from the zipper.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...that's come heavy duty stuff. No one will miss you on the road.

I know we've said this a million times, but we've got to go ride soon.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Thank you for the review AND the awesome good pics! I am buying myself a set this winter to be ready for spring riding, but I think I am going to go with the stretch kevlar rather than the mesh. I am in Idaho, and the mesh is really nice (I have different mesh gear), but it is really only hot for 4-6 weeks out of the year.
Can I ask if the color of the gear in your photos seems to be accurate? It looks almost like a bright lime green rather than yellow. I may go with the mesh if it is lime green!
Thanks again!!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great review on the mesh. Just what I was looking for in the humid upper south (Kentucky).

Calling Wayne soon.

8:28 PM  
Blogger redlegsrides said...

great review and pics, thanks

Redleg's Rides

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just purchased the same set and am getting used to them. Great write-up and excellent review. I think I'll like mine even if I didn't get the bright green as you did. :)

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home