Monday, January 15, 2007

Clicking the pictures gives a larger picture by the way. I had wanted to take pictures outide in the sunlight but it's raining today. I also had wanted to take pictures with me in the gear but nobody else is home... so you do what you can. The Hi-Viz REALLY stands out in the sunlight. The indoor flash does not do it justice. So, if you think it's bright here, you should see it outside.

The jacket itself. The Cycleport logo on the right pocket can be left off. The material on the logo side pocket lid is different (maybe Cordura), whereas the material on the non-logo side is regular airmesh kevlar (black). The "Support our Troops" and "Patriot Guard Rider Mission Accomplished pin" are not included. Not that you shouldn't support our troops or anything... Also, the "stock" Hi-Viz jacket has black pocket tops for the bottom pockets, but I had them changed to Hi-Viz as the strap just above it was black. Looked more symmetrical to me.

Backside of the jacket. The reflective stuff really stands out, no?

Close-up of the collar. I didn't think about it but since I am part giraffe, I could have used about another 1/2 inch on the collar to make it taller.

The velco waist strap that tightens the jacket around the waist. I tend to slouch a bit when I ride which makes my back hurt a bit. So, if I tighten the waist, it reminds me to keep better posture while riding. Thanks for the posture enforcement Wayne!

The sleeve with the pocket closed. Got the idea from Gringo's post over at advrider.com - great idea. Can keep toll road change and keys here too. I didn't think of it at the time, but I should have swiped the little key clip from my previous Joe Rocket jacket that was on the inside of the jacket and sewed it in too.

This is the optional sleeve pocket for earplugs and such.

Arm folded across the chest showing the two velcro straps that cinch the sleeve tighter (or looser for those with beefy arms)

The button and flap on the sleeve.
This is the bottom side of the sleeve cuff. It shows a zippered fly that helps cinch up the cuff and get it into your guantlet gloves. Also helps you loosen the sleeve without having to mess the that beast of a button on the top of the sleeve in the earlier picture. You can also see one of the velcro straps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home